As we have been paying attention to trends in the printing industry when it comes to marketing, there are a lot of products that we’ve seen that seem to be effective. Calendars with lolcats are often popular choices for all, but there are other materials that can be even more beneficial. How impactful these other options can be really can vary among industries and specific businesses. In my experience, however, any business that is hoping to have some sort of local impact, either to other business or direct consumers, can really benefit from door hangers.
All in all, door hangers are pretty simple solution, but they can be quite effective as marketing tools. This spring is a great time to take to the streets and leave behind some door hangers because there are a lot of reasons why these really work. The following are just five of the top reasons.
1. Customers can’t help but notice them! Of course, if you leave door hangers at vacant homes or businesses, this isn’t the case, but when you leave them behind at an inhabited space, these will get attention! People have to take these off of their door knobs, and when they do, they will look at them, and if your product or service is suited to them (as it should be if you are marketing to them), your door hangers should create some sort of imprint, if it doesn’t lead to direct action.
2. These don’t get lost in the mix with other advertisements in ad mail. If your ideal clients are private citizens, folks can’t help but see your marketing materials when going in and out of their home. Business owners or managers will find your marketing when they open their doors to their clients or customers. Because of the location where you leave these, you have better chance of getting noticed than you may with a mailing that could get lost in the shuffle or a flier that could fall to the floor and float out of sight.
3. The size of the door hangers allows a lot of information to be displayed. Door hangers are pretty big; the most common sizes are 3.5 inches by 8.5 inches and 4.25 inches by 11 inches. With a post card or a paid advertisement in a newspaper or periodical you are limited due to the restrictive size, but hangers give you a lot more space, and you can print useful information in full colour on both sides too. Not only can you be sure to include all of your contact information, but you can also mention any promotions, special pricing, or anything else that could be useful for luring in business.
4. Warmer weather is a good time for roofers, landscapers, and others to make a marketing push. When spring is in full swing, folks start to consider home improvement projects. When everything starts to thaw out, people want to beautify their space and repair any damage that winter may have done to their homes. People step outside and take one look around and see everything they might want to spruce up in their space, and if they do this with your hanger in their hand, you have upped your odds that they will be in touch with you soon.
5. You can target specific neighbourhoods, streets, or even houses. The more specific your marketing is, the more effective it will be. Roofers can leave a hanger for homes that have roofs that need to be repaired. Contractors can leave door hangers at homes surrounding one they are working on; the neighbors who are admiring their handy work can know who to call on for their own improvement projects. Landscaping companies can market only to houses with yards. A carry-out café can leave menus for folks who live in walking distance. Whatever your business is, this approach allows you to be quite pointed with your marketing and promotion efforts so that you only spend time and money working on potential clientele.
There are a lot of printing products that your firm could use for marketing, but door hangers are an awesome solution for boosting business because they offer so many benefits beyond those listed here. Thanks to all of the great rewards you can reap from using door hangers, it seems silly to not use this effective marketing tool to help further build your business this spring. When it comes to door hanger printing Ottawa has a few options, like NewPrint, that can produce a quality, professional product that will provide even more impact for your targeted marketing campaign.